Get the latest on what Lions are doing - Locally and Nationally.
BBQ Trailer UpdateWe have been fortunate enough to be able to place an order for a new replacement BBQ trailer. Watch this space as we wait for the delivery.
Christmas Stocking Raffle WinnerCongratulations to Cooper Morgan for winning our Christmas Stocking Raffle for this year. Cooper was very excited when I delivered the goods on the morning after the draw.
Book Fair 1st Sunday each monthOn the first Sunday of each month our club holds a Book Fair at our clubhouse on the corner of Hinchliff and Munro Streets Kawana. Bring along your old books to donate while you choose from some novels that others have been reading and enjoying.
DG Jan's January 2017 NewsletterDownload FDG Jans' January 2017
Attachment: Dg Jans Newsletter January 17.docx
The Australian Motorhoming Lions Club (AMLC) are offering to provide assistance to clubs.Australian Motorhoming Lions Club (AMLC) are keen to provide assistance to local Lions Clubs.
Any Lions Club is welcome to lodge a request for assistance with
fundraising activities which might otherwise be onerous or infeasible without the input of AMLC volunteers.
The email address for lodging requests is firstname.lastname@example.org and in return a Volunteer Request form will made available for completion and submission to AMLC.
More details: http://amlc.org.au/
DG Jan's Christmas newsletterDownload District Governor's Christmas newsletter
Attachment: DG Jans Christmas newsletter Seasons Greetings.docx
Saturday 4th March 2017 is NATIONAL LIONS AWARENESS DAY1. On this day we want to let the general public know that we don’t only cook and sell sausages and sell Christmas cakes. “Lions Clubs International is the Worlds Largest Community Service Organisation” we are in 206 Countries World Wide, we also have approx. 1.4 Million Members, we have a permanent seat in the United Nations for Humanitarian Needs, Our Patron for “Lions Australia” is the Governor General Sir Peter Cosgrove.
2. Book a site at your local shopping centre, outside supermarket, railway station, bus terminal, cricket match, outside a movie theatre complex and even domestic airport. Anywhere there are people on the day. China Town, Museum, South Bank, Ferry Terminal and the list goes on.
3. On this day I would ask that each club promote “YOUR CLUB”, “YOUR PROJECTS”, What you do in your area, then projects Nationally and Internationally.
4. Set up a small display with photographs of your projects, if possible make a barometer or graph to show how much your club has given back to the community since it’s charter (my club Robina has given back to the community approx. 1.2 million dollars in our 28 years.) Promote “YOUR CLUB” and what you have achieved. And one of the most important points to get across is that 100% of all funds raised from the public goes back to the Community
5. Also on this day we are trying to “RECRUIT NEW MEMBERS”. Therefore have membership information and forms available. If people are interested take their name, address and phone number. If they are not from your area pass the information along to their nearest club and they can invite them along to a meeting.
6. Remember we are not selling or cooking anything on this day. Please have balloons, wrapped lollies, little give-a-ways for the children, this will get the parents etc. over so you can talk to them.
it may cost your club $10-$20 to do this. But also on the day make sure you have a “Donation Tin” on your display, marked with the fundraiser of your choice.
7. If you are a small club or you have several clubs close by, or more that one club in town, combine together to “Promote Your Club/s.” If you have a “Leo Club” invite them to assist on the day.
8. If you need any brochures to promote your projects please contact your charity NOW. eg. Children’s Childhood Cancer Research, Lions Hearing Dogs, Lions Drug Awareness, Operation Smile. Prostate Cancer and the list goes on. You will probably only need about 20 brochures to put on your display. March 2017 will be here before we know it.
9. If any club requires any more information please contact your zone chairman or email me on email@example.com
District Governor's Newsletter October 2016Down Load District Governor's October 2016 Newsletter
More details: http://201q4.lions.org.au/files/201q4/DG%20Jans%20October%202016%20Newsletter.docx
District Governors Sept 2016 NewsletterDown load District Governor Jan Barsby's Sept 2016 Newsletter
More details: http://201q4.lions.org.au/files/201q4/DG%20Jans%20News%20Sept%20.doc
Winners List - Lions Australia giving away more than $100,000 in grantsTo celebrate the Lions Clubs International centennial, Lions Clubs throughout Australia are giving away more than $100,000 to over 100 local community projects. Each winner will receive a $1,000 grant to help fund their community project.
“If you can think of a community need, chances are there’s a Lions Club doing something about it,” says Rob Oerlemans, Lions’ executive officer. “This program will reach out to our communities and create new partnerships.”
Worth perusing this list of winners to see if you can find some new ideas for your club.
Attachment: 100 project Ideas for your club.docx
Lions 100 - A glimpse into our historyIn 1969, we watch the first successful moon landing.
In that same year, Australian Lion Roy Worfold completed a 20 minute documentary, commissioned by Lions Clubs International explaining Lions Clubs to the uninitiated.
Thanks to Lion Roy's family, we can share this with you.
More details: http://lionsaustralia.com/2016/08/17/a-glimpse-into-our-history/
DonateLife WeekDiscussing Organ Donation with your loved ones is important.
Lions Australia adopted a policy in Echuca to promote discussing your choice as part of club meetings.
More details: https://lionsaustralia.com/2016/08/01/its-donatelife-week/
Lion Barry Palmer awarded AO in Queens Birthday HonoursLion Barry Palmer, the first Australian to serve as the International President of Lions Clubs Internation was today awarded Officer of the Order of Australia (AO) in Queens Birthday Honours
More details: https://www.facebook.com/lionsaustralia/posts/1337179106296455
Attention All Lions OZ Clubhouse WebmastersThe "Text Instructions" for webmasters of Lions OZ Clubhouse websites have been updated as at 29th December and can be found by clicking on the attachment below or by clicking on the website link.
Your MD201, OZ Clubhouse Webmaster, Lion Ron, recommends that all club webmasters review the revised instructions.
If you have any queries, Ron can be contacted by email which you will find in the website link below.
More details: http://lionsclubs.org.au/members/oz-clubhouse/
Lions Youth of the Year Finalists share their viewsLions 2014 Youth of the Year finalists share their impressions of our flagship program.
Hear these short videos and don't forget to subscribe to our own Youtube channel
More details: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRMjk8J-AUGzcSrorlaVshAd8tA1MVdlL
Join usIt's so easy to find out about becoming a Lion. Just ask your local club or follow this link to find out more!
More details: http://lionsclubs.org.au/join-lions/